[systemd-devel] oneshot service

Ernast Sevo ersevs at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 10:04:11 PDT 2015

Apologies that was mistakenly sent. The example service is below.

[Unit]
Before=local-fs.target
After=<some service>
DefaultDependencies=false

[Service]
Type=oneshot
ExecStart=/usr/bin/xxx
RemainAfterExit=yes

[Install]
WantedBy=local-fs.target

The problem is I can see boot-up continue prior to this service doing
its job. I am not sure if I am missing
something but I haven't come across anything in the documentation that
can help. The service finishes its job
later but something's that depend on it have already failed and have
not waited for it to finish doing what it is doing.

Any thoughts as to what could be causing this?

Thanks,

 Ernast