[systemd-devel] Launching a unit when a network interface is configured?

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Sun Jul 12 14:50:26 PDT 2015

Hi

I'm trying to port a set of traffic shaping scripts (sqm-scripts) from
OpenWrt to Arch Linux. I would like to be able to have a systemd unit
be run when an interface is configured (by systemd-networkd). Kinda like
the if-up.d facility in some distros, I guess...

I figured out that I can depend on the interface *appearing* by using

BindsTo=sys-subsystem-net-devices-%i.device
After=sys-subsystem-net-devices-%i.device

...but is there also a way to get a unit to run when an interface is
configured?

Thanks,
-Toke