[systemd-devel] [RFC 5/6] proxy-discoveryd: Add the basic parts for handling DBus methods

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Jul 16 05:56:19 PDT 2015

> +static int method_find_proxy(sd_bus *bus, sd_bus_message *message,
> void *userdata, sd_bus_error *error) {
> +        _cleanup_free_ char *p = strdup("DIRECT");
> +        Manager *m = userdata;
> +        int r;
> +
> +        assert(bus);
> +        assert(message);
> +        assert(m);
> +
> +        r = proxy_execute(m->default_proxies, message);
> +        if (r < 0)
> +                sd_bus_reply_method_return(message, "s", p);
> +
> +        return 1;
> +}

That seems to be making no attempt to use the *correct* proxy
configuration according to the request.

In the case of things like split-tunnel VPNs, we want to handle it
basically the same way that we handle DNS.

Requests within the VPN's DNS domains, and the IP ranges which are
routed to the VPN, need to be resolved according to the VPN's proxy
configuration. And everything else needs to be resolved according to
the local proxy configuration.

NetworkManager already sets up dnsmasq to do precisely this for DNS.

David.Woodhouse at intel.com                              Intel Corporation