[systemd-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Git development moved to github

Marc Haber mh+systemd-devel at zugschlus.de
Sat Jul 18 10:06:24 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 09, 2015 at 01:02:43PM +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Mon, 01.06.15 22:43, Michael Biebl (mbiebl at gmail.com) wrote:

> > > Hi
> > >
> > > As of today we've disabled git-push to fd.o. The official development
> > > git repository is now at github [1].
> >
> > What about the bug tracker? Will it remain at fdo's bugzilla. I have
> > to admit I'm not a huge fan of github's bug tracker.
>
> I am not a fan of bz either...
>
> I think for now we prefer github, but will leave bz open, and we will
> not migrate bugs.

As it looks at the moment, freedesktop.org doesnt want new bugs to be
filed in their Bugzilla. At least it is no longer possible to open new
bugzilla requests for systemd there.

Would you prefer bugzilla requests to be moved over to github issues
by people interested in those requests/issues being addressed, or do
old bugzilla requests have the same chance of being looked at by
somebody able to address them as github issues?

Greetings
Marc