[systemd-devel] How to properly write an "umbrella" unit

Marc Haber mh+systemd-devel at zugschlus.de
Tue Jul 21 12:04:41 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 02:20:39PM +0100, Dimitri John Ledkov wrote:
> And then people can do e.g.:
> systemctl enable nifty at 4.service nifty at 6.service
> systemctl start nifty@*.service
> systemctl stop nifty@*.service

As I mentioned in my original mail, this is explictly not wanted, as
most users will have to start and stop both instances together.

We cannot make our lives simpler at the cost of our users. And yes,
this is true for both systemd upstream and software packagers, a
transitive relationship.

Greetings
Marc