[systemd-devel] sd-device: fix invalid property strv pointers

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Mon Jun 1 02:39:43 PDT 2015

Hello all,

With our 220 package I still get a broken environment in udev
callouts, even with Tom's recent fix 0e3e605 applied.

Curiously it works for devices like "lo" which don't have a lot of
properties, but for "real" wlan devices I get invalid environment
variables. With some debugging applied (http://paste.ubuntu.com/11492452/)
this is visible in the bogus strings that udev_device_get_properties_envp()
returns: http://paste.ubuntu.com/11492458/

I tracked that down to invalid memory handling in
device_update_properties_bufs(). Patch attached with detailled
explanation.

Martin