[systemd-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Git development moved to github

David Herrmann dh.herrmann at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 11:12:37 PDT 2015

Hi

As of today we've disabled git-push to fd.o. The official development
git repository is now at github [1]. The old repository will still be
back-synced, but we had to disable push-access to avoid getting
out-of-sync with github.

In recent months, keeping up with the mailing-list has become more and
more cumbersome, with many of us missing mails or unable to keep up
with the traffic. To make sure all community requests and patches will
get handled in time, we're now trying out the github infrastructure.
We encourage everyone in the development community to switch over now,
even though the old fd.o infrastructure will still be maintained.
Distributions are free to wait until the next release announcement
before updating anything.

If github does not work out, we will see what else we can try out. But
lets give it at least a try.

Thanks
David

[1] https://github.com/systemd-devs/systemd