[systemd-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Git development moved to github

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 04:34:11 PDT 2015

On 06/02/2015 11:06 AM, David Herrmann wrote:
> Regarding the final github address: David Strauss kindly offered the
> 'systemd' user to us. Hence, we hope to move the repository to
> github.com/systemd/systemd this week. Sorry for the confusion, I hope
> we can settle all this this week.

Given that you are moving into the direction that I had anticipated we
needed to do ( pull-requests ) but was hesitated to ask about ( when I
have been working on my infrastructure proposal for the systemd
community ) since I though it would not fly by since it limits somewhats
Lennart's "drive by patches" concept, I have to ask is moving this to a
3rd party hosting site the best thing to do?

In my proposal which touches quite few other things ( including
replacing both bugzilla and freedesktop wiki ) which is necessary to
make things work smoothly for future growth/expansion in the community
and systemd adoption, is it not better we would host this ourselves
under our own domain ( I have already secured systemd.community domain
for that purpose ) on our own instances?

Do people prefer these things being hosted at sites which one does not
have full control over?

JBG