[systemd-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Git development moved to github

Abdó Roig-Maranges abdo.roig at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 09:03:42 PDT 2015

Daniel Mack writes:

> On 06/02/2015 04:34 PM, Martin Pitt wrote:
>> Merging manually is quite a bit of work, as you have to add a new
>> remote every time, fetch that, and pull from it. But it does keep a
>> cleaner git log history.
>
> Btw, Harald pointed me to this simple alias that makes checking out a
> pending pull request a one-liner:
>
>   https://gist.github.com/gnarf/5406589

Hi,

I saw this thread and I can't stop from advertising a tool I recently discovered
for dealings with github.

https://github.com/sociomantic/git-hub

You can do things like:

$ git hub clone -t systemd/systemd

To clone and fork into my account in one go

$ git hub pull list

[33] cgtop: add options to format memory, IO usage in raw bytes (haraldh)
     https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/33
[32] Ensure that /run/systemd/network exists (haraldh)
     https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/32
[31] cgtop: raw output option (disable conversion to human-readable units) (haraldh)
     https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/31
[30] More cgtop enhancements (haraldh)
     https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/30

[...]

$ git hub pull checkout 33

To checkout a pull request, in detached HEAD (no new remote, nor branch...)

$ git hub pull rebase 33

To rebase a pull request, update it on github and close it.

It is also very easy to create new issues / pull requests, or add comments directly from
the command line.

Abdó.