[systemd-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Git development moved to github

Michael Marineau michael.marineau at coreos.com
Tue Jun 2 12:30:57 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 6:31 AM, Daniel Mack <daniel at zonque.org> wrote:
> On 06/02/2015 02:19 PM, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 1:06 PM, David Herrmann <dh.herrmann at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Regarding the final github address: David Strauss kindly offered the
>>> 'systemd' user to us. Hence, we hope to move the repository to
>>> github.com/systemd/systemd this week. Sorry for the confusion, I hope
>>> we can settle all this this week.
>>
>> I recommend you get this sorted out as soon as possible and not wait
>> another moment. People have already submitted pull requests to both
>> repos, and things are going to get quite confusing if you don't move
>> fast on this.
>
> It's sorted out now. https://github.com/systemd/systemd is now the
> official upstream. The old repo from systemd-devs was transferred
> withing GitHub, which means that the old web and ssh URLs are currently
> redirected automatically. However, we will remove the systemd-devs
> organization any time soon to avoid further confusion.

As an FYI for everyone who previously forked the mirror repo that
previously lived at https://github.com/systemd/systemd, since that
repo was deleted and replaced the github "fork" network of repos that
descended from it is now on its own and random other repos are now
listed as the "forked from" repo, in my case my parent repo is listed
as https://github.com/terencehonles/systemd now. Since it is not
possible to make pull requests between fork networks in order to
submit PRs to the new systemd repo old repos have to be deleted and
re-forked. As far as I know there isn't a nicer way to fix it. :(