[systemd-devel] How to create a user instance service that requires a network connection?

Will S wsha.code+systemd at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 09:32:43 PDT 2015

My understanding is that the system and user instances of systemd are
completely isolated from each other. So I can not create a user unit file
with the option Requires=network-online.target. Is there any way for a user
instance service to get this functionality of waiting for the network to be
online before starting? From what I can tell, the systemd user instance is
relatively new. If it is not possible now, is there any planned feature
that would allow this functionality in the future that I should watch for?