[systemd-devel] FR: different gcrypt options for joornald and importd

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Jun 8 08:42:00 PDT 2015

On Mon, 08.06.15 16:28, Dimitri John Ledkov (dimitri.j.ledkov at intel.com) wrote:

> On 8 June 2015 at 16:12, Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 08.06.15 16:12, Alexey Shabalin (a.shabalin at gmail.com) wrote:
> >
> > > Hi!
> > > I want build journald without gcrypt support. But --disable-gcrypt disabled
> > > build importd.
> > > Can you add diiferent options for journald and importd?
> >
> > You can build systemd twice to do this. On Fedora we build it twice
> > for example to get python2 as well as python3 modules.
> >
> > But: what's the reason for this? THis sounds like a weird choice?
>
> For clearlinux we want this as well. We want to build and have fully
> functional/standalone importd.
> But we don't want/need ssl/remote support in journal.

Well, but what's the rationale? If you turn it on in one, you get the
dep anyway...

Or do you want compile time options for the journal remoting features?
Those certainly would make sense to have (but don't we have them anyway?)

> And we don't want to do a separate configure & build to e.g. build
> "the right importd" or "the right journal" discarding the rest of the
> second build.
>
> Ditto e.g. xz support. It's needed for importd, but we don't want it
> in journal for performance reasons.

Well, but that's a choice of defaults, that's all. If you build with
the dep anyway, then you might as well turn it on in the sources, but
pick different defaults.

I'd be open to adding a configure switch --with-journal-compress=no or
so, that truns of compression by default.