[systemd-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Git development moved to github

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 05:46:09 PDT 2015

On 06/09/2015 11:57 AM, Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:

>>> I am not a fan of bz either...
>>>
>>> I think for now we prefer github, but will leave bz open, and we will
>>> not migrate bugs.
>>>

>> I would like to see us move and migrated the bugs to jira ( which is
>> without doubt the best and friendliest bug tracker I have found )
>> which integrates nicely with github as well as move the community
>> wiki to confluence to strengthen collaboration in the community.
>>

> I use Jira everyday but it will be overkill for our use.

As do I and am maintaining over 700 projects of different nature, with
400.000 issue in such instance and it's not overkill, it is scalable
which is precisely what we need and provides the necessary oversight
that is required to "health monitor" the project(s) and the community as
well as providing the modern collaboration infrastructure we need to, to
sustain ourselves as a community on the 21 century.

It is the perfect bug tracker, be it single project or more ( we require
atleast three different project in that instance as in one for systemd
itself and atleast two for the community, which be following completely
different workflow than systemd project will ) for this and it is as
very scalable ( and extendable via plugins ) for the future, for the
direction the building block of modern OS ( systemd ) can take.

I spent eight years working in mozilla bugzilla as well as various
tracker instances and I can tell you here and now that they are
insufficient for the task at hand since one of the goal here is to
reduce time developers spend in bug trackers not increase it.

On top of that the bugzilla mozilla and tracker UI is crap to use and
lacks all mobile/tablet interface as far as I know.

Which bug tracker would you propose?

JBG