[systemd-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Git development moved to github

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at google.com
Tue Jun 9 13:04:46 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 12:59 PM, Lennart Poettering
<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> [...] so we comment and ask for a new PR, and close the old one.

See my previous comment, I think this "cure" is worse than the "disease" :-)

Instead, just reuse the same PR and use `git push -f` to ship new
versions of the commits to the same branch... Yes it's awful but
unfortunately that's how GitHub works...

To work around the problem of line comments being lost, just ask
*reviewers* to make most of the relevant comments in the PR thread and
keep line comments to simple comments that are probably not going to
be relevant when they're obliterated...

Cheers,
Filipe