[systemd-devel] Static test coverage

Daniel Mack daniel at zonque.org
Thu Jun 11 02:07:46 PDT 2015

Hi,

Now that we're using Semaphore CI for building all pull requests and
pushes to the master branch, I've set up a second VM instance to also
use their service for static code analysis on a nightly base.

We've had the systemd project registered with Coverity for a while, and
so far, new builds were manually uploaded once in a while by Philippe de
Swert (thanks for that!). This is now done automatically every night.
The results can be seen here:

  https://scan.coverity.com/projects/350/

While at it, I also taught the build bot to use LLVM's scan-build, and
sync the output with a new repository:

  https://github.com/systemd/systemd-build-scan

The patches are pushed to the 'gh-pages' branch, hence the HTML files
are published here:

  https://systemd.github.io/systemd-build-scan/

Unfortunately, scan-build does not seem to understand the _cleanup_*
variable annotations, so it currently reports lots of false-positive
memory leaks.

Hope this helps getting those collections of possible issues more
exposure. If you want me to add more automated static testing, please
let me know.

Daniel