[systemd-devel] is-enabled and generated units

Igor Bukanov igor at mir2.org
Sun Jun 14 03:36:39 PDT 2015

On 14 June 2015 at 12:22, Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar at gmail.com> wrote:
> So it can be discussed what should be returned in this case, but in any
> case "systemctl is-enabled" is not expected to return "enabled-runtime"
> here.

Indeed, I see that it should not be `enabled-runtime"` as the unit
does not contain [Install].

Still why systemctl does not return `static` in this case but fails
with an error message? I also see that systemctl fails with the same
error message for generated units that are linked via .wants under
/run/systemd/generator when my expectation is that the command should
succeed and print `linked-runtime`.