[systemd-devel] Fedora 21 and systemd-nspawn

Chris Morgan chmorgan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 18:15:02 PDT 2015

On Monday, June 15, 2015, Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 15.06.15 13:22, Matthew Karas (mkarascybi at gmail.com <javascript:;>)
> wrote:
>
> > Yes - that seems to have let me set the password.  Now I can get
> > started learning about this.
> >
> > Thanks a lot!
> >
> > Though it does return an error about selinux when I start the shell to
> > set the password
> >
> > $ sudo systemd-nspawn -bD /srv/srv1
> > Spawning container srv1 on /srv/srv1.
> > Press ^] three times within 1s to kill container.
> > Failed to create directory /srv/srv1//sys/fs/selinux: Read-only file
> system
> > Failed to create directory /srv/srv1//sys/fs/selinux: Read-only file
> system
>
> Hmm, weird. Is /srv/srv1 read-only or so?
>
> Lennart
>
> --
> Lennart Poettering, Red Hat

On a somewhat related topic, are many people making use of nspawn
containers in production or test environments? I was a little surprised by
the issues I had when trying them out with f21. f22 seems smoother but
still required the audit=0 and I think I had to disable selinux to set the
password but I was trying for a while with a blank password so...

But yeah, was wondering if there were known users of nspawn containers that
discussed their use cases.

Chris