[systemd-devel] Can kdbus send signal to the source connection?

eshark eshark77 at 163.com
Tue Jun 16 00:35:32 PDT 2015

Hi,

At 2015-06-15 22:32:27, "Lennart Poettering" <lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
>On Mon, 15.06.15 19:05, eshark (eshark77 at 163.com) wrote:
>
>> Hi, All,
>>        If I post this email to the wrong mail-list, please tell me, thank you.
>>
>>        Now many JS applications implement the client and service in the same thread, so they share the same connection too.
>>
>> However when the client or the service want to send signal to the other,  the receiver cannot get the signal because the kdbus driver
>>
>> won't broadcast the signal to the source connection.
>>
>>       I've tried to simply allow the kdbus driver to send signal to all the connections including the source , but it seems not work OK.
>>
>> I wonder that how I can make kdbus send signal to the source connection, or that this is impossible ?
>
>I am not dure I follow. Are you developing a native kdbus client

>library for JS?
Yes, we already have a library based on DBus, and I'm migrating it to KDBus.

>Did I get this right, you have one bus connection per thread, but
>possibly both a kdbus client and its service run from the server, and
>you want broadcast msgs sent out from one to then also be matchable by

>the other?
Yes.  And I've tried removing the condition in kdbus_bus_broadcast(), as David  said.
But this modification caused that the network module of our system cannot work OK,  it's very strange ,
and I'm not familiar with the network module, so I  haven't find the root cause.
Maybe it has nothing to do with KDBus? I am not sure.