[systemd-devel] machinectl status vs show

Johannes Ernst johannes.ernst at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 13:34:33 PDT 2015

In which case:

1. The man pages, to me, imply that I should be able to get everything that ‘status' shows using ‘show' because it says:

"This function is intended to generate human-readable output. If you are looking for computer-parsable output, use show instead.” (and vice versa)

This sentence may need a revision.

2. So how do I get at the IP address of the container in a way that is easily parseable?

Cheers,

Johannes.