[systemd-devel] no tar balls at release time

Dimitri John Ledkov dimitri.j.ledkov at intel.com
Tue Jun 23 02:25:56 PDT 2015

On 23 June 2015 at 00:21, Kay Sievers <kay at vrfy.org> wrote:

> We currently considering to stop creating release tar balls.
>
> For build systems which still require them, they can be created
> locally from the upstream git repository with:
>   git archive --format=tar --prefix=systemd-$(VERSION)/ $(VERSION) | \
>     xz > systemd-$(VERSION).tar.xz

Or simply "download" the github generated tarball from tag, which is
called "releases"

Fine by me. We ended up patching configury for us, hence have to
autoreconf the lot anyway.

--
Regards,

Dimitri.
Pura Vida!

https://clearlinux.org
Open Source Technology Center
Intel Corporation (UK) Ltd. - Co. Reg. #1134945 - Pipers Way, Swindon SN3 1RJ.