[systemd-devel] FR: different gcrypt options for joornald and importd

Kay Sievers kay at vrfy.org
Tue Jun 23 05:49:16 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 7:58 PM, Lennart Poettering
<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 08.06.15 19:24, Alexey Shabalin (a.shabalin at gmail.com) wrote:

>> > You can build systemd twice to do this. On Fedora we build it twice
>> > for example to get python2 as well as python3 modules.
>> >
>> > But: what's the reason for this? THis sounds like a weird choice?
>> >
>> We are still support separate /usr, but libgcrypt in /usr/lib now (i am
>> open request to mantainer for move libgcrypt to /lib)
>> libgcrypt in /usr/lib critical for journal and not important for importd.
>
> I am not sure this is really something to support upstream. I mean,
> LUKS support generally needs libgcrypt too, and hence it's really
> wrong to assume gcrypt can be located in /usr if you use split
> usr... I am not sure we want to support systems with split usr and
> gcrypt in /usr.

This topic came up in a different thread too:
  https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/331

I'm convinced we should limit configure options to avoid external
dependencies, but not add options for individual tools. The matrix of
options we want to support upstream should be minimal and not cover
rather exotic requirement or setups.

Also this should still be valid as much as possible and indicate the
systemd-wide flags:
$ /usr/lib/systemd/systemd --version
systemd 221
+PAM +AUDIT +SELINUX +IMA -APPARMOR +SMACK +SYSVINIT +UTMP
+LIBCRYPTSETUP +GCRYPT +GNUTLS +ACL +XZ -LZ4 +SECCOMP +BLKID +ELFUTILS
+KMOD +IDN

Kay