[systemd-devel] Getting boot progress and messages

Thomas Schmidt t.schmidt at md-network.de
Wed Jun 24 01:40:13 PDT 2015

Hello,
for embedded system I’m writing small boot splash/progress bar daemon (unfortunately plymouth doesn’t fit). Even after study of especially sd_.*(3) manuals, mail archives, and source code it is not clear for me what could be the best way to obtain the boot messages and boot proceed from another process.
On DBus respective SDBus API required information is available, unfortunately the BUS is activated very late.

Could someone point me into the right direction which interface (e.g. socket/fifo/other API) could be the right systemd conform way ?

Many Thanks
Kind Regards
Thomas Schmidt