[systemd-devel] Getting boot progress and messages

Daniel Mack daniel at zonque.org
Wed Jun 24 02:53:17 PDT 2015

On 06/24/2015 11:30 AM, Umut Tezduyar Lindskog wrote:
> IMPORTANT: Man page says "This interface is private to systemd and
> should not be used in external projects." for /run/systemd/private. I
> am not sure if this is still the case.

Yes it is. The private socket is a hack that will go away mid-term when
kdbus is fully adopted. If you still use it from external projects,
prepare to rework the affected bits in the future.

> If not, we need to change the man page.

Nope, it should stay in. The private socket is not an API that is
guaranteed to remain available.

Thanks,
Daniel