[systemd-devel] howto handle one time shutdown programs

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Jun 26 02:03:57 PDT 2015

Am 26.06.2015 um 09:31 schrieb Andrei Borzenkov:
>> How is that different from the user executing:
>>
>> systemctl start your.service
>> systemctl stop your.service
>> systemctl start your.service
>>
>> without reboot?
>>

> Those initscripts I am aware of avoided this issue by not stopping
> anything on restart

then it is not a restart and that initscript is broken - period

> This made it possible to do "service foo restart"
> without losing its state. Converting such services to systemd unit
> breaks things.
>
> Such restarts happen without user explicit intervention e.g. during
> package updates.

then file a bugreport at your distribution for the apckage and explain
why the rpm-scripts are doing only harm and should at least be removed
from package xyz or just rebuild that package without the rpm-scripts at
your own, did that for a ton of server packages on Fedora because the
lack of a systemwide "don#t restart anything until a said so" option