[systemd-devel] Stricter handling of failing mounts during boot under systemd - crap idea !

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 09:32:10 PDT 2015

On 06/29/2015 04:17 PM, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
> No. systemd changed interpretation of well established configurations
> in incompatible way. There is no way to retain existing behavior. It is
> far from "recommends" - it is "my way or highway".

Not following which changed interpretation of well established
configurations systemd has changed here.

Do you have any reliable way to determine which file systems are
important and which ones can be skipped at bootup?

What do you propose systemd should do if a device listed in fstab is not
available at bootup and that device has not been flagged that it could
be skipped?

JBG