[systemd-devel] Unable to remove images using machinectl

Erik Johnson erik at saltstack.com
Tue Mar 3 13:22:48 PST 2015

On Mon, Mar 02, 2015 at 11:01:44PM +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:
>On Mon, 02.03.15 14:10, Erik Johnson (erik at saltstack.com) wrote:

>> >This was a bug in the dbus policy. It should be fixed with this commit:
>> >
>> >http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/commit/src/machine/org.freedesktop.machine1.conf?id=72c3897f77a7352618ea76b880a6764f52d6327b
>> >
>> >Lennart
>> >
>> >--
>> >Lennart Poettering, Red Hat
>>

>> Thanks. I applied the patch, restarted dbus, and now I get the
>> following after a 20-30 second pause:
>>
>> Could not remove image: Activation of org.freedesktop.machine1 timed out
>
>dbus is not a service that cannot be restarted during normal
>operation. This is a well-known limitation of dbus. Reloading
>configuration should be sufficient.
>
>You probably need to reboot now to get back to a working system...
>
>Lennart
>
>--
>Lennart Poettering, Red Hat

OK. After rebooting, it's still not working. Were the necessary changes
limited to that one commit?

I'm demoing nspawn at SaltConf tomorrow
(http://eventmobi.com/saltconf15/agenda/94463/505550), and if necessary
I can just run machined in the foreground. Continuing to troubleshoot
this isn't really that necessary.

--

Erik Johnson | Senior Engineer

3400 North Ashton Blvd, Suite 110 | Lehi, UT 84043
erik at saltstack.com | http://saltstack.com