[systemd-devel] minimal required units

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 23:20:13 PDT 2015

В Fri, 13 Mar 2015 08:31:44 -0700
Aaron_Wright at selinc.com пишет:

> > > I'm concerned because I left out local-fs.target to begin with, as I
> don't
> > > need systemd to mount anything, but that seemed to cause systemd to
> > > unmount everything other than / and the kernel file systems.
> >
> > Sorry, that does not fit. Either you "do not need to mount anything" or
> > "systemd unmount everything". What was there to unmount if you did not
> > mount anything in the first place?
>
> I mount / and /var in initrd, and then switch to the new root. systemd
> then proceeded to unmount /var, but it didn't really tell me why. After I
> included the local-fs.target on the box, that strange behavior stopped,
> and /var remains mounted. I can't really explain that one.

The unmounting after initrd should have been fixed in commit I
mentioned. As to why it did not happen with local-fs.target is
impossible to answer without seeing logs. But I suspect it simply
changed relative timings on startup, so it was just by accident.

Could upload logs with systemd.log-level=debug with and without
local-fs.target somewhere?