[systemd-devel] systemctl edit TODO item

Ronny Chevalier chevalier.ronny at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 04:13:39 PDT 2015

Hi,

About the TODO item of systemctl edit:
"Upon editor exit, lines with one # are removed, lines with two # are
left with one #, etc."

I don't really agree, because if you have some comments in your
drop-in file, you will have to remember every time you edit it to
prepend one # to each one of your comments if you don't want them to
be removed.

I think it would be better:
- to remove lines that starts with two # and keep the ones with one #,
- or to remove each line that starts with one # and keep those with two #.

And before the editor is launch, we add a comment explaining this.
This way we would not lose useful comments by mistake.

What do you think?

Ronny