[systemd-devel] systemd not honoring LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

Smith, Kenneth ksmith15 at jaguarlandrover.com
Fri Mar 27 13:56:31 PDT 2015

I am trying to start a service that requires using a library that has the
same name as a preexisting one (it is a patched version). It is located in
a different path so that if I want to start it at the command line I can do
this:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/foo/lib /usr/bin/foo_c

But when I do this:
Environment=LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/foo/lib
ExecStart=/usr/bin/foo_c

ldd shows foo_c is using the wrong library.

Is there a way to make this work?

--
Kind Regards,

*Kenneth F. Smith*
Linux C++ Engineer

*T:* 971.256.9740  |  *M:* 503-880-6256
*Email:* ksmith15 at jaguarlandrover.com

Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC
Open Source Technology Center
1419 Northwest 14th Avenue, Portland, OR 97209
JaguarUSA.com <http://www.jaguarusa.com/index.html>  |  LandRoverUSA.com
<http://www.landrover.com/us/en/lr/>

Email: ksmith15 at jaguarlandrover.com <xxxxxxxx at jaguarlandrover.com>
PGP: RSA 2048/2048 979C6B958B89909D
-------------------
Business Details:
Jaguar Land Rover Limited
Registered in England No: 1672070

This e-mail and any attachments contain confidential information for a
specific individual and purpose.  The information is private and privileged
and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, please e-mail us immediately.  We
apologise for any inconvenience caused but you are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying or distribution or the taking of any action in reliance
on the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.

This e-mail does not constitute an order for goods or services unless
accompanied by an official purchase order.