[systemd-devel] OnCalendar every X minutes

Max maxim.suraev at campus.tu-berlin.de
Sun Mar 29 14:48:13 PDT 2015

29.03.2015 21:28, T.C. Hollingsworth пишет:

> On Mar 29, 2015 9:52 AM, "Max" <maxim.suraev at campus.tu-berlin.de
> <mailto:maxim.suraev at campus.tu-berlin.de>> wrote:
> >
> > Hi.
> >
> > Is there a way to make timer unit which will execute things every X minutes where X
> > is not divisor for 60?
> > In case of divisor it's obvious:
> >
> > [Timer]
> > OnCalendar=*:00/10
> >
> > Will run every 10 minutes which nicely fit into 60 minutes hour. What if I would like
> > to run things every 11 minutes: 0, 11, 22, 33, 44, 55, 66, 77...
> >
> > If I interpret http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.time.html
> > correctly than
> > OnCalendar=*:00/11 will run on 0, 11...44,55,0,11... resulting in unevenness at the
> > end of an hour.
> >
> > Am I missing something?
>
> Yes. :-)  See OnActiveSec and related options, listed right above OnCalendar in the
> documentation you linked to.

You probably mean http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.timer.html
which is indeed easy to confuse with what I've linked too :)

Unfortunately it doesn't have any examples :(

[Timer]
OnActiveSec=11min

Will this fire up once after the timer activation? How do I combine it with other
directives to make it fire _every_ 11 minutes?

cheers,
Max.