[systemd-devel] Drop systemd-ui

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 07:20:05 PDT 2015

On 03/31/2015 02:09 PM, Michael Biebl wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 07:31:31AM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>>> What I'm proposing is that we dropped that proof of concept since
>>> it's not being maintained, there exist better alternatives thus it's
>>> intended purpose has been fulfilled already.
>> Agreed that it doesn't make sense to have this distributed. E.g. Fedora
>> should retire the package. Upstream git repository should stay as a historical
>> artifact of course.
> It's unfortunate though, that we don't have a nice replacement for
> GNOME, though.

It's also unfortunate that there exist no native application to all the
other *DE floating around there is it not?

And from the looks of it the Red Hat desktop team maintainers in Gnome
seem to be expecting the Gnome users to be using Red Hat's own product
cockpit to take care of that.

I'm pretty sure those that disagree with that in the Gnome community
will step up and write their own application which they can base on the
KDE one if they want to.

JBG