[systemd-devel] Drop systemd-ui

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Mar 31 11:05:29 PDT 2015

On Tue, 31.03.15 11:01, Shawn Landden (shawnlandden at gmail.com) wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 10:35 AM, Lennart Poettering
> <lennart at poettering.net> wrote:

> >> It is only suppose to show fields that have been changed by humans
> >> (even the developer) not systemd defaults.
> >
> > Hmm?
> >
> > It supresses "empty" fields by default, unless you specify
> > --all in which cases it shows everything.
> >
> > It really is supposed to show you everything that is in effect, not
> > just the stuff "humans" configured. If you want that, use "systemcl
> > cat".
> >
> > I mean, "systemctl show" exists precisely to have a look at the effect
> > of implicit dependencies and such, which are otherwise difficult to
> > figure out.
> I should have been clearer about the language. Yes all this stuff it
> should show, but:
>
> LimitCPU=18446744073709551615
> LimitFSIZE=18446744073709551615
> LimitDATA=18446744073709551615
> LimitSTACK=18446744073709551615
> LimitCORE=18446744073709551615
> LimitRSS=18446744073709551615
> LimitNOFILE=4096
> LimitAS=18446744073709551615
> LimitNPROC=11881
> LimitMEMLOCK=65536
> LimitLOCKS=18446744073709551615
> LimitSIGPENDING=11881
> LimitMSGQUEUE=819200
> LimitNICE=0
> LimitRTPRIO=0
> LimitRTTIME=18446744073709551615
> CPUShares=18446744073709551615
> StartupCPUShares=18446744073709551615
> CPUQuotaPerSecUSec=infinity
> BlockIOAccounting=no
> BlockIOWeight=18446744073709551615
> StartupBlockIOWeight=18446744073709551615
> MemoryAccounting=no
> MemoryLimit=18446744073709551615
> OOMScoreAdjust=0
> Nice=0
> IOScheduling=0
> CPUSchedulingPolicy=0
> CPUSchedulingPriority=0
> TimerSlackNSec=50000
>

> These are all kernel defaults. These ARE empty, and a few of those are even 0.

Well, these actually are not kernel defaults. The LimitXYZ for example
are influenced by system.conf.

In general these are numeric values, and 0 is pretty much a numeric
value as any other.

We suppress empty strings and arrays, but not just numbers...

Anyway, I am not saying we couldn't improve the output of this, but I
certainly wouldn't say that this stuff is not being maintained.