[systemd-devel] Don't allow to restart emergency.service/rescue.service

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Mon May 4 05:49:58 PDT 2015

Hi,

as for some background regarding this issue, please see [1].

Apparently a user, while in emergency mode, restarted emergency.service.
Since emergency.service has
KillMode=process
the running bash kept running, and the result was an unusable system.

I wonder, if we should simply disallow the explicit start/stop/restart
of emergency.service (and rescue.service) via
RefuseManualStart=yes
RefuseManualStop=yes

Comments welcome.

Michael