[systemd-devel] Will *.network replace resolv.conf? What about "Options single-request"?

Christian Brunotte cb at lathspell.de
Mon May 4 05:57:39 PDT 2015

Hello

systemd.network(5) with Options like "DNS=" and "Domains=" looks like
/etc/resolv.conf will soon be superfluous.

If that's the plan, I wonder what happens to "options single-request"
which I had to use on all IPv6 enabled devices. Is "ResolveOptions" just
missing in Systemd or considered so "special" that will stay in libc's
resolv.conf?

(quoting from the man page: "By default, glibc performs IPv4 and IPv6
lookups in parallel since version 2.9. Some appliance DNS servers cannot
handle queries properly and make the requests time out.")

Best Regards

-christian-