[systemd-devel] 60-persistent-storage.rules: add NVMe disks and partitions (again)

Kay Sievers kay at vrfy.org
Thu May 14 09:32:40 PDT 2015

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 6:12 PM, Lennart Poettering
<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 14.05.15 09:10, Per Bergqvist (per at bst.lu) wrote:
>
>> There was a request for addition of NVMe disks Feb 10 2014 by Harald Hoyer which was
>> sort of rejected by Kay Sievers by referring to “we should find out what to do for nvme before
>> adding new users of scsi_id”.
>
> Well, nothing changed really: we'd like to remove scsi_id from
> systemd/udev upstream. Please ask sg_utils to pick it up
> instead. We'll continue to support the status quo for a while longer,
> but it can't stay this way, and we shouldn't add new features to
> it while it's in limbo.

Yeah, not sure how much NVMe has to do with SCSI. It might make more
sense to export the primary values to identify these devices by the
kernel driver in /sys, instead of excapsulating/emulating the SCSI
behavior. The kernel does that for other block device types like mmc
too.

Kay