[systemd-devel] dbus inside nspawn container

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Fri May 15 07:42:52 PDT 2015

 On Fri, May 15, 2015, 4:22 PM Simon McVittie <
simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk> wrote:

On 15/05/15 14:17, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Fri, 15.05.15 14:07, arnaud gaboury (arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com) wrote:
>> Maybe a stupid question, but shall every container user start a per
>> user dbus session ?
>
> We make not real distinction there. We intend to provide the same
> execution environment to processes running in a container as to those
> running on the host

Yes. As a result, you would have a `dbus-daemon --session` per user
inside the container, if and only if the same OS running on real
hardware would have a `dbus-daemon --session` per user (the "user bus"
model).

 The host is Archlinux and has dbus- daemon per user. I am the only user
and most of my services are started on a per user basis.
Container is Fedora with a few allowed admins. But I cant see any debus
user session when they are logged.

In practice this means you get a `dbus-daemon --session` per user if you
have dbus >= 1.9.14 compiled with the --enable-user-session option, and
systemd, inside the container.

 Yes systemd is managing services in Fedora 22, the container

Similarly, kdbus systems (inside or outside a container) always get a
"user bus" per user, as far as I understand it.

--
Simon McVittie
Collabora Ltd. <http://www.collabora.com/>