[systemd-devel] Will *.network replace resolv.conf? What about "Options single-request"?

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Sat May 16 03:52:49 PDT 2015

16.05.2015 02:01, Christian Brunotte wrote:
> The resolver can send one DNS request packet (IPv4 or IPv6 doesn't matter) that
> contains
> queries for both the A and AAAA entries and the resolver may answer them in
> separate packets.

I would be very much interested in seeing such successful conversation
in a pcap file. Here is the reason why I don't really belive you:
Unbound contains code that marks all DNS packets with multiple records
in the query section as invalid. The code is in ./daemon/worker.c,
function worker_check_request():

--
Alexander E. Patrakov