[systemd-devel] systemd-networkd and openvswitch?

Marc Haber mh+systemd-devel at zugschlus.de
Sat May 16 04:39:34 PDT 2015

Hi,

is there any possibility to nicely integrate openvswitch to a system
that runs systemd-networkd? While I understand that there does not
currrently seem to be native openvswitch support in systemd-networkd,
maybe somebody has written unit files to bring up the openvswitch
before systemd-networkd kicks in?

The reason I am trying to do this is that openvswitch is advertised as
being capable to switch an entire dot1q VLAN trunk through to a VM,
something that a standard Linux bridge doesn't seem to do.

Any comments about this?

Greetings
Marc