[systemd-devel] clarification on daemon-reload

Igor Bukanov igor at mir2.org
Sun May 17 22:51:18 PDT 2015

On 18 May 2015 at 05:35, Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar at gmail.com> wrote:

> What exactly do you mean? It has RefuseManualStart set?

I meant that, for example, A is enabled and contains Requires=B and
this is the only dependency that causes B to run and then B alters or
even disables A and calls systemctl daemon-reload.

> I'm not entirely sure what systemd can sensibly do in this case though.

What I would like to know is what is the exact behavior of systemctl
daemon-reload. I am writing a service that creates/modifies other
units by placing files under /run and I would like to know what are
the limitations. In my case I cannot use a systemd.generator as the
service depends on a mounted directory.