[systemd-devel] networkd: dbus API for networkd reconfiguration at run-time

Rauta, Alin alin.rauta at intel.com
Tue May 19 01:40:33 PDT 2015

Hi Lennart,

Thanks for the answers.

One more questions. Just a curiosity of mine.

Currently, a user has to write scripts if he wants to save the run-time configuration in networkd format or to use a configuration management tool like chef for example.
Even with the latter, the user still needs to write scripts.

What about saving the run-time configuration in networkd format with "networkctl" maybe ?
Something like "networkctl save" or "networkctl save config" with extensions to provide per port configuration saving, output directory for saved configuration and so on ... ?

Best Regards,
Alin