[systemd-devel] Timers and Service Conditions

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue May 19 07:57:01 PDT 2015

On Thu, 02.04.15 12:01, Merten Sach (merten at tabinin.eu) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with a timer that trigges a service that has a condition set.
> The timer defines the following properties:
>
>   [Timer]
>   OnBootSec=1h
>   OnUnitInactiveSec=1h
>   Unit=autobackup@%i.service
>
> The service unit set the following condition:
>
>   ConditionACPower=true
>
> When I'm now on AC power the service is never active and, therefor, the inactive
> timestamp is never set. This causes the timer to be triggered repeatedly which
> causes a very high system load.
>
> I want to keep the timer relative to bootup. So, can I avoid OnCalendar= ?

Hmm, so I tried to reproduce this issue here, bu I couldn't. I used
the same unit files as you propose, but this works cleanly, as the
code already contains checks that if the triggered unit doesn't have
an initialized inactive timestamp we'll fall back to the last trigger
time of the unit. And if that's not set, we'll simply not set any
timer...

Hence, which version of systemd did you run this into with?

Any chance you can check if you can reproduce this with current git or
at least 219?