[systemd-devel] networkd-218 seems to ignore .link files

Jan Engelhardt jengelh at inai.de
Tue May 19 10:13:00 PDT 2015

On Tuesday 2015-05-19 19:03, Tom Gundersen wrote:
>> Unlike hwdevtype, arphrd is at least set _all the time_.
>
>True, but not always to something useful (which is why we special case
>ARPHRD_ETHER and DEVTYPE==wlan|wwan).

How so? If ethernet frames is what the OS has to send to the device to make me
be able to use that network, then FWIW, it's Ethernet alright.

Most people's networks, too, are Ethernet, even though the router might be
doing some PPP over ADSL (and deep down, I hear they threw in ATM _as well_).
Having link/ppp or link/atm be shown for WWAN seems even less useful than
link/ether. :p