[systemd-devel] systemd-218 - Requisite implies TriggeredByRestartOf

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Tue May 19 10:13:49 PDT 2015

В Tue, 19 May 2015 14:07:21 +0200
Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net> пишет:

> On Tue, 19.05.15 14:26, Andrei Borzenkov (arvidjaar at gmail.com) wrote:
>
> > On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 2:15 PM, Uoti Urpala <uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi> wrote:
> > > As for Evert's original problem, I think it's that RESTART is propagated
> > > to all RequiredBy units unconditionally - even if those are currently
> > > stopped! This affects both Requires= and Requisite= in exactly the same
> > > way.
> >
> > Exactly. At least I do not see anything obvious in code that would
> > check whether dependent units are running or not. And try-restart is
> > pure forntend option which is not propagated to systemd manager
> > itself.
>
> Hmm? We do have JOB_TRY_RESTART while putting together the
> transaction... What do you mean?

I was referring to this comment. May be I misunderstood it. But I do not
see TRY_RESTART where dependent units are processed either.

        /* JOB_TRY_RESTART can never appear in a transaction, because
         * it always collapses into JOB_RESTART or JOB_NOP before entering.
         * Thus we never need to merge it with anything. */