[systemd-devel] kexec returns error code 1

Aaron_Wright at selinc.com Aaron_Wright at selinc.com
Fri May 22 15:59:29 PDT 2015

I'm trying to get kexec reboots to work on my box with systemd. I can get
"kexec -l ..." and "kexec -e" to work when ran straight from the command
line, but when I run "kexec -l ..." and "systemctl kexec" I get "kexec
returned error code 1" and it falls back to a full reboot.
I've puzzled over this for a while, but I can't figure out the difference
between the two situations that would prevent the later from working.
(error code 1 doesn't tell me much) Ideas?