[systemd-devel] 220 tarball erroneously ships keyboard-keys-from-name.gperf

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue May 26 08:29:09 PDT 2015

On Tue, 26.05.15 16:39, Reindl Harald (h.reindl at thelounge.net) wrote:

> Am 26.05.2015 um 16:17 schrieb Lennart Poettering:
> >On Tue, 26.05.15 15:12, Dimitri John Ledkov (dimitri.j.ledkov at intel.com) wrote:
> >
> >>Or will there be a v220.1 release shortly with releasy fix-ups?
> >
> >Well, we don't do point releases in systemd.
>
> and why?
>
> just "because don't do" is not enough

it's just a label after all and I like my bikesheds green without
points.

> >In systemd git we already have now the change that makes sd-bus and
> >sd-event public APIs, hence v221 is going to be more than just
> >bugfixes.
>
> that don't fix 220
>
> >Also, next week I'll be travelling and I doubt I will be able to
> >finish a new release by then. Maybe in the middle of June we can get
> >out a new release
>
> which shows that a important project like systemd playing on the same level
> as the linux kernel *just needs* point releases, there is a reason that the
> kernel has point-releases and not only for the latest and greatest version,
> systemd as well as the kernel are not a random webbrowser

There's a stable git tree maintained by Zbigniew, Lukas and friends,
that carries backports for the stable releases. Most vendors should
consider following that repo I figure.

I try to help the backporting business by tagging the commits I
personally consider backport-worthy with "git notes" and the
"Backport:" field.