[systemd-devel] 220 tarball erroneously ships keyboard-keys-from-name.gperf

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Tue May 26 09:38:35 PDT 2015

Lennart Poettering [2015-05-26 18:22 +0200]:
> Well, I certainly have enough things to do. We have trouble keeping up
> with he amount of work that we already get, and I have no intention to
> make things even more complex by maintaining multiple branches for
> you, if the distros already do this anyway.

Honestly, git format-patch (or even more convenient proper packaging
tools like Debian's git-buildpackages "pq") make it a trivial
operation to get one or several upstream fixes, it's not more work
(usually less) than packaging an entire new upstream release.

Bugs that affect the tarball are a tad harder, but adding

  rm -f src/journal/audit_type-to-name.h src/udev/keyboard-keys-from-name.gperf

to the build script until we get 221 isn't rocket science either.

So I agree that maintaining more branches and upstream releases would
cause a lot of low-benefit work. I'd much rather get some distro-side
testing before we do an upstream release (see my other reply).

Martin