[systemd-devel] Reduce unit-loading time

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at google.com
Tue May 26 09:49:39 PDT 2015

Hi,

On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 8:41 PM, cee1 <fykcee1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried ureadahead, but got following error:
>
> """write(2, "ureadahead: Error while tracing:"..., 59ureadahead: Error
> while tracing: No such file or directory"""
>
> Needs an out-of-tree kernel patch?

Yes, ureadahead needs an out-of-tree kernel patch to add trace events
for open(), exec() and uselib() syscalls that take file paths.

http://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/462111

AFAICT, this never went upstream because upstream was discussing a
generic approach of tracing any system calls, but I believe that never
really panned out...

HTH,
Filipe