[systemd-devel] how to call dbus ListUnits for user units?

Chris Morgan chmorgan at gmail.com
Tue May 26 11:33:01 PDT 2015

Hello.

I'm able to use:

dbus-send --system --print-reply --reply-timeout=2000 --type=method_call \
--dest=org.freedesktop.systemd1 \
/org/freedesktop/systemd1 org.freedesktop.systemd1.Manager.ListUnits

to list system units.

But I can't seem to figure out how to do the same for user units.
There doesn't seem to be an org.freedesktop.systemd1 interface on my
current user's session bus and I wasn't able to spot anything in the
interfaces on the system bus that had a nested interface of
org.freedesktop.system1.Manager...

Chris