[systemd-devel] nspawn: No Return key in machinectl login?

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Tue May 26 12:40:48 PDT 2015

This is stty -a from outside the container:

speed 38400 baud; rows 46; columns 114; line = 0;
intr = ^C; quit = ^\; erase = ^?; kill = ^U; eof = ^D; eol = M-^?;
eol2 = M-^?; swtch = <undef>; start = ^Q;
stop = ^S; susp = ^Z; rprnt = ^R; werase = ^W; lnext = ^V; flush = ^O;
min = 1; time = 0;
-parenb -parodd -cmspar cs8 -hupcl -cstopb cread -clocal -crtscts
-ignbrk -brkint -ignpar -parmrk -inpck -istrip -inlcr -igncr icrnl
-ixon -ixoff -iuclc ixany imaxbel -iutf8
opost -olcuc -ocrnl onlcr -onocr -onlret -ofill -ofdel nl0 cr0 tab0 bs0 vt0 ff0
isig icanon iexten echo echoe echok -echonl -noflsh -xcase -tostop
-echoprt echoctl echoke

This is stty -a inside the nspawn-container:

speed 38400 baud; rows 46; columns 114; line = 0;
intr = ^C; quit = ^\; erase = ^?; kill = ^U; eof = ^D; eol = <undef>;
eol2 = <undef>; swtch = <undef>; start = ^Q;
stop = ^S; susp = ^Z; rprnt = ^R; werase = ^W; lnext = ^V; flush = ^O;
min = 1; time = 0;
-parenb -parodd -cmspar cs8 hupcl -cstopb cread -clocal -crtscts
-ignbrk -brkint -ignpar -parmrk -inpck -istrip -inlcr -igncr -icrnl
-ixon -ixoff -iuclc -ixany -imaxbel iutf8
opost -olcuc -ocrnl onlcr -onocr -onlret -ofill -ofdel nl0 cr0 tab0 bs0 vt0 ff0
isig icanon -iexten echo echoe echok -echonl -noflsh -xcase -tostop
-echoprt -echoctl echoke

The difference is:
eol, eol2, -icrnl -ixany -imaxbel iutf8 -iexten -echoctl

stty -F /dev/ptmx is identical inside and outside of the container --
but I am not sure whether that is what you were asking in the second
part of your reply.

I tried running "stty eol ^D -F /dev/pts/0" inside the container and
got a SIGSEGV. It works outside the container.

Best Regards,
Tobias