[systemd-devel] disabling ctrl+alt+del

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Thu May 28 20:48:31 PDT 2015

MichaƂ Zegan [2015-05-28 23:22 +0200]:
> What is the most correct way to disable ctrl+alt+delete keys? I mean
> disable, not redefine.

As a first iteration I'd recommend "systemctl mask
ctrl-alt-del.target". After that, pressing it will cause an error
message in the journal, though ("Failed to enqueue
ctrl-alt-del.target job"). If that's bothering, you, create an
/etc/systemd/system/ctrl-alt-del.target with just [Unit] and a
Description= and nothing else, then you don't get an error message any
more. This will also override the "builtin" Alias= in reboot.target.

Martin